FEE PROTECTION SCHEME
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
WHO IS IT FOR ?
Fee Protection Scheme applies to all students; foreign and local.
WHAT IS IT FOR?
The FPS is a way to indemnify students for their unconsumed course fees paid in advance to NATC Institute in the following events:
WHAT TYPES OF FEES DOES FPS COVER?
- The School is unable to continue operations due to insolvency, and/or regulatory closure.
- The School fails to pay penalties or return fees to the student arising from judgments made against it by the Singapore courts.
NATC’s Fee Protection Scheme provides full protection to course fees for CPE-registered courses. It does not cover fees for short courses with waiver granted by CPE, the application fee or miscellaneous fees.
WHAT MODE OF PROTECTION DOES NATC ADOPT?
For the FPS Insurance Scheme, the School partners with LONPAC Insurance Bhd. A Certificate of Insurance will be issued to the student upon confirmation of the student’s enrolment and the fees paid.
Insurance Provider: LONPAC Insurance Bhd Policy Number: Z/19/BM00/000729, Period: 04 February 2019 – 03 February 2019
DETAILS OF FPS INSURANCE SCHEME
For more information, a link on Fee Protection Scheme and its Procedures can be found in the link below http://www.cpe.gov.sg/for-peis/protection-of-course-fees
It is the School’s policy:
- Not to collect fees beyond 12 months.
- Not to allow students to pay any fee directly to other parties (including partner organizations) other than the School.
- To purchase the FPS for students within 7 working days from when the fee is paid, in line with the Edutrust requirements. The insurance coverage will start on the day the course fee is paid to NATC to the day it is all consumed, which is ordinarily the date when the next instalment is due. For the last instalment, it will be till the course end date stipulated in the contract.